November 10, 2020
Dear Archuleta School District parents, staff, and community members:
We have received notification that there has been 2 positive cases of COVID-19 at Pagosa
Springs Middle School.
While we must protect the privacy of the individuals involved, we believe it is best to
communicate transparently with you. There is nothing more important to Archuleta School
District than the safety and health of our students, our staff, and their families. We are working
directly with San Juan Basin Public Health officials to address the cases in our schools.
Archuleta School District will continue to follow all COVID-19 related safety procedures as
outlined by CDPHE.
COVID-19 is transmitted through person-to-person contact and through the exchange of
respiratory droplets. As more cases are being confirmed across the state, including in our
community, we must continue to be vigilant. If you or any member of your family exhibit
symptoms of COVID-19, please contact your medical provider for advice.
The CDC recommends the following best practices to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
● Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
● Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are
● Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
● Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve.
● Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose.
● Disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
● Stay at home when you are sick.
● Practice social distancing, leaving at least six feet between
you and other people.
● Wear a mask in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household,
especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
Our greatest priority is the safety of our students, staff, and community members. We are
grateful for the opportunity to serve you and your family, especially as we face this challenging
We are pleased to announce that there will be a free COVID-19 testing clinic for the community
on TOMORROW 11/11/2020 at the Pagosa Springs Community Center from 10AM-1PM. These
free tests will be a cheek swab and results will be emailed to you in 3-5 days. There is a form
below to be filled out to bring with you for the test, please do not eat or drink 20 minutes before
Thank you for your support of Archuleta School District.