Student members of Future Business Leaders in America (FBLA) invite the community to participate in their spring blood drive Tuesday, April 24, 10:00am to 2:30pm in the Music Room at Pagosa Springs High School.
“A huge part about being a leader involves contributions to our community, a community that helps us grow in many ways,” says FBLA President Keanan Anderson, a Senior at Pagosa Springs High School. “This blood drive is a small part in giving back, but if each donor can save up to three lives, we can make big difference.”
Donors can make an appointment online at www.bloodhero.com. Choose “Locate a Blood Drive” and use sponsor code pagosahs for access to the appointment schedule.
Here are a few guidelines before you donate:
• If you are 16 or 17, bring a signed Minor Donor Permit.
• BRING ID containing name and one of the following: birth date, blood center donor number, or photo.
• You must pass the physical & health history examination given prior to donation. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, please check with your Blood Drive Coordinator or the blood center.
• Eat a healthy meal before donating, even if you do not normally eat three meals a day.
• Drink plenty of fluids 10-30 minutes before donating (soda, coffee, and tea don't count).
Please contact Sally Riggs at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
FBLA is the largest student organization in the high school with approximately 60 students participating each year. Two major goals of the student group are to encourage members to develop individual projects that improve home, business and community. The group also helps students develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism.
The blood drive is hosted by United Blood Services, a nonprofit community blood center, providing blood and blood products for local area hospitals throughout the United States.